Leek and Goat Cheese Tart
A flavorful vegetarian option, this leek and goat cheese tart is perfect for a light lunch served with salad and homemade vinaigrette.
- 1 Pie Crust
- 2 Leeks
- 1 Shallot
- 1 (around 100 gr or 3 oz) Goat Cheese Log
- 150 Grams(5 oz) Whipping Cream
- 100 Grams(3 oz) Milk
- 100 Grams(3 oz) Emmenthal Cheese
- 1 Egg
- ½ Teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper
- 60 Grams(2oz) Butter
- Make your dough, let it rest for 1 hour in the fridge. Butter and flour a rectangular or round tart mold. Your tart will look prettier with ruffled edges. Roll out the dough and shape it into the mold. Reserve in the fridge.
- In the meantime, clean your leeks, twice. Cut them in small chunks, clean them again and drain. Peel and mince the shallot.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat, add the minced shallot, cook 3 minutes and add the leek.
- Cook 15 minutes to remove any excess water. Add the cream, cook 4 to 5 minutes, until thick. Reserve on the side to let it cool down.
- Turn on your oven at 180ºC (350ºF).
- Mix milk, shredded cheese, and the egg. Add to the leek. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Mix well and pour it into your cold pie crust. Cut your cold goat cheese log in 6 wheels or small chunks if you have a bigger piece and spread on top of the leek.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
- A nice green salad will accompany the tart perfectly.